Don’t wait for a rainy day, try these tips today
Some people think that having a dog means spending a great deal of time at home. While dogs do enjoy their time on the couch, they also need exercise so there are many activities that you do that you can bring your dog along with you rather then keep them at dog boarding. The following are the top ten things you can do with your dog:
1. Take Walks – Even if you have a large back yard, your dog still needs plenty of exercise. Walks are good for you too and it is a great way to bond with your dog. Make sure you bring a pooper scooper or spare bags just incase you pooch decides to leave the world a little present.
2. Go To The Park – If you have children and you want to take them to the park, take your pooch along as well. You can give them a walk or play a game of catch, while the children play.
3. Listening to or Play Music – Most dogs love music and many will attempt to sing along while you play or listen to your favorite songs. If you happen to catch it on video, share it on YouTube, your pooch could be the next internet sensation!
4. Biking – Put your dog on a harness and let them run beside you while you get your exercise. But remember to keep them hydrated and if it is hot outside make sure their paws are kept cool by shoes or frequent stops in the shade.
5. Vacations – There are many pet friendly hotels around the nation. The tourism industry recognizes our need to travel with dog/s. Many hotels welcome dogs for a additional fee, so plan ahead.
6. Swimming – Get your pooch in the pool with you on hot summer days. The water helps cool the heated skin and offers an alternative form of exercise when the pavement is too hot.
7. Hiking/Camping – Your dog is an animal and loves the outdoors. They will love a long hike or even an overnight camping trip. But prior to your trip, make sure the camp ground allows dogs and see if there is an additional fee.
8. Games – Any game that involves physical activity that you do, your dog will love to join you. Throw them the ball or Frisbee for a quick game of fetch, they will love you for it!
9. Obedience Training – There is nothing better than a well-mannered dog. You can have fun while training your dog the correct behaviors.
10. Family Time – Your pooch is a part of your family, you can have family time while teaching your children how to be great pet owners.