A perfect bed for man’s best friend!
Dog beds are important in any pet friendly home! The dog bed you provide should be your dogs safe haven and a secure place away from the hustle and bustle of every day life. How you choose to arrange your dogs bed can say a lot about you and your pet. Do you have a casual and crate free home? Does your pet have a lavish and expensive throne or a simple and secure cushion in their favorite comfy place? Are you super organized and have additional bedding available for guests? There is no right answer when supplying a dog bed but only you and your pet will know if you are happy.
There are many types of dog beds available and some homes even choose to have multiple beds in different parts of the home for their pet to offer the best possible nights sleep. Cages offer a secure, den-like area for your dog and appeal to their natural instincts. Cushions are a great way to add flexibility, so you can always have your pet near by if he wants to go for an afternoon snooze. There are even sofa safe options if you would like your pet to join you on your couch but still protect your furniture. Some dogs remain outside and enjoy fences or sheds to live in while others prefer a simple blanket or space at the bottom of your bed.
Top 5 tips for choosing a dog bed!
- Measure your dog from tail to nose with a tape measure. This is especially important if your dog likes to stretch out when he or she lounges. Your pet will appreciate getting the right-sized bed. Pets that do not stretch out and that prefer the feeling of being cradled may prefer smaller, rounded pet beds.
- Choose where you will put the pet bed. This may also influence the size and style of pet bed you should choose.
- Determine what features, other than size, are important. If your pet has arthritis, for example, beds with very thick padding or a memory foam bed may be best. Some pet beds are heated, which is beneficial for pets that chill easily, such as small, short-haired dogs or ill pets. Dogs that crawl beneath beds or find other secluded areas to sleep may enjoy a hooded pet bed more than an open bed.
- Select a color and style you feel comfortable with. Pet beds come in so many colors and designs; you may as well choose one that matches your decorating tastes. This may mean matching a blue pet bed with your own blue sofa. Or, you may wish to get a pet bed that contrasts with the other furniture and is a little on the wild side — an animal print, for instance.
- Look at the washing instructions before purchasing. Pet beds will get dirty and must either be washed or replaced. Most are covered with machine-washable materials, but make sure the rest of the bed is also easily washed.
A dog bed is a great way to supply your pet with the comfort of home when going on a DogVacay. The familiarity of the scents and bedding will help remind them of home and should help ease the transition into their hosts home. Why not offer to supply your host with their own dog bed that reminds your pet of home? Which ever you decide to do, make sure that your dog bed shows your pet how much you love them.