It’s a few days before your well-deserved trip to the Caribbean which means it’s time to pack things for your dog’s vacay. In the midst of being excited to take a vacation, the number one thing you should be is prepared. The following manual will provide you with all the information you’ll need to be prepared for Spot’s vacay, including everything from a checklist to helpful tips.
Required things to pack
- Dog collar
- Dog food
- Dog toys
- Grooming supplies
- GPS collar
- A T-shirt that smells like you
- Ensure that there will be enough food and medicine for your dog while you’re away. (Note: Bring extra food in case you’re gone longer than expected)
- If you have ID tags for your dog, be sure he is wearing it prior to going on his vacay.
- Bringing a familiar item from home, such as your dog’s toy or bed, will put your pooch at ease while you’re away.
- If there are any specific instructions you want your host to follow, such as feeding schedule, walk schedule, or medicinal instructions, be sure to let the host know.
- Tell your host of any major or minor health problems your dog may have.
- Give the host your contact information in case you need to be reached.
- Give the host your dogs veterinarian.
- Be sure to coordinate appropriate drop-off and pick-up times with the host prior to going on your vacation.
- Dogs tend to become very territorial, especially when placed in a new environment. So while it is helpful to pack your dogs bed and toys, it is up to the discretion of the host on whether or not they wish to introduce these items during the vacation.